While the kids are away, Mommy and Daddy will play…
Been a long time since hubby and I have been kid-free. All four kids are out of town, doing their thing. The oldest has pretty much moved out, and the younger three are with grandma in another state. What to do, what to do?
- Pray that grandma doesn’t demand that you pick up kids early because of their bad behavior.
- Sleep late, like waaay past 7 a.m.
- Eat at restaurants that don’t have a kid’s menu.
- Watch movies that aren’t rated G or PG.
- Um, well, you know…
- Use the bathroom without a little person begging to come in to see what you’re doing.
- Take long, uninterrupted bubble baths.
- Paint over crayon stains on the wall and enjoy “like-new” look for a few days.
- Stay up late to read favorite blogs and to update yours.
- Call kids everyday to say that you miss them like crazy.